Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day Three: Keep

The Invitation: Read 2 Nephi 25: 21 - 26


The Journey: Do you have a written copy of your testimony of Christ? Take the time to write one today. Obtain and keep a journal of your 21 day journey, recording treasures and discoveries that come to you as you follow this path.




My testimony. Wow this another tough one. I say it is tough only because I do not think I am capable of doing my testimony justice through words typed onto a computer screen. But I pray that as you receive these words; as you read them; they will enter into your heart the way I intend them to.




My testimony is simple, yet complex. I believe it to be powerful. God lives. Jesus Christ lives, and He is the Only Begotten Son of God. He is the Savior of the world, the great Redeemer of all mankind. He lived a perfect life, performed miracles, and atoned for the sins of the entire world. Through Him every single person that has lived or ever will live can be saved. Christ's love is unconditional, endless, eternal, all-encompassing. Life is eternal.




The Church of Jesus Christ has been restored. That is a fact. It was restored to the Prophet Joseph Smith and the proper priesthood authority has been restored. There is a living Prophet on the Earth today and his name is President Thomas S. Monson.




I know that families can be together forever. This is a true principle. The Book of Mormon is true doctrine. It was translated by Joseph Smith through the power of God. I have read every single word of it, and I know each word is true. All men can be forgiven for sins. God still speaks to His children today! The line of communication between men and God is not closed. He speaks to us, and He will always speak to us.




But most importantly, I know that I am a daughter of God. You are a child of God. He is your Father in Heaven, and He loves you more than you will ever be able to comprehend. You, and every individual that lives on this Earth, has the potential to live with God and Jesus Christ again; to become like Him. This is a fact. I know it.




Miracles happen. Love is real. God lives. Christ lives. God speaks to us. Sins can be forgiven. Families are eternal. God's plan is perfect. Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God. The truth has been restored and it is for everyone. This gospel saved my life.




Each of these words I have written is true. And I leave this, just a fraction of my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for this sara. such inspired and beautiful words... my morning is 1000 times better after reading this!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete