Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day Five: Discover

The Invitation: Read the account of the Samaritan woman in John 4:1-42.

The Journey: Prepare to receive a simple learning moment as you go throughout your day. Let your search be constant. Try to discover, in every hour, some heavenly blessing that will bring you closer to Christ.




Today I learned about the power of friendship and the significant amount of joy it can bring. I also learned about the incredible amount of support friendship brings to my life. God gives us friends for a reason.




Today I learned about the power of the Holy Spirit and I was reminded of its influence and strength. Its presence is very real.




Today I learned that charity and love can be so easily expressed in the simplest ways.




Today I learned God hears prayers; and He answers them. He lives.




Today I learned that evil exists but it can always be conquered through God. Good is so much more powerful. God and His children will triumph.




Today I learned that the priesthood power is strong and mighty. It provides a direct connection to Heavenly Father.




Today I discovered a heavenly blessing in every hour. In reality, ever second on this earth is a heavenly blessing. Although I knew each of these "lessons" already, they can often be overlooked or taken for granted. Today was an opportunity to remember them and remember their significance - and I really don't want to have to be reminded again - I don't ever want to overlook such beautiful blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment