Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day Nine: Follow

The Invitation: Read Mosiah 2 and focus on verses 5-6.

The Journey: What counsel do you remember from last general conference? Go through the Ensign. Write it down somewhere you'll see it often. How has following that counsel strengthened your testimony of Jesus Christ?




As a convert to the church, the fact that there is a living Prophet and Apostles on the Earth today was such a beautiful and miraculous discovery. And then as I learned we could hear from them twice a year at General Conference was such a miracle! General Conference has brought me incredible amounts of knowledge, peace, enlightenment and so much more throughout the past three years I have been a member. The counsel I found myself instantly reflecting on this day is from a talk given by Elder Richard G. Scott. Here is the quote that I wrote in my journal that day that really stuck out to me:




"What may appear initially to be a daunting task will be much easier to manage over time as you consistently strive to recognize and follow feelings prompted by the Spirit. Your confidence in the direction you receive from the Holy Ghost will also become stronger. I witness that as you gain experience and success in being guided by the Spirit, your confidence in the impressions you feel can become more certain than your dependence on what you see or hear."




The ability to rely on the prompting of the Holy Ghost has been an incredible blessing in my life. I have found myself receiving revelation I never thought I would ever receive. Initially it was extrememly hard for me to even believe it because it just seemed too good to be true. There are often times where everything going on in the world around me seems to be going against what the Lord has told me. Those times are when I doubt what I have learned. But as I have given heed to this counsel from Elder Scott, I have felt such peace and comfort. I have been reminded of the truth of the Spirit and as I continue to familiarize myself with His promtings, my confidence in my ability to follow Him has grown. I have felt myself growing closer and closer to the Savior as I have grown closer and closer to the Spirit. As we guide our lives according to the Spirit, we are doing what Christ would have us do. He speaks through the Spirit. Every moment I have with the Spirit, I know I am growing closer to my Savior - and that is the most amazing feeling one could ever have!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment